Friday, April 8, 2011

Steve's Pond

8x8, oil on canvas panel

I love square paintings.  I just ordered a box of 10x10's and plan to have a party painting on a square format.

This painting, done last night in the studio, leans toward the abstract.  I had planned to scrape it down lightly and work on it this morning--I didn't like how some of the white got in the transparent dark areas--a common problem when painting all prima.  A friend, whose opinion I value, liked the abstractness of it and strongly suggested I leave it as it.  I decided to follow his advice as he is quite a good painter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, don't change it, Connie--it is special like it is.
Beth

Angela Sullivan said...

Love the overall beauty of this one. The water makes me want to linger here for yet a while

 
view sourceprint? 01 09 10