Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Mint Julep Cup




4x6
oil on canvas panel
Daily Paintworks auction--35.00
http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/connie-snipes/mint-julep-cup/144987


This is a "small" done to warm up before working on a larger painting.  My camera is still in the camera hospital so I have had to rely on friends to take photos and email them to me.  I have many more waiting to be photographed and will get them done over the weekend.

The rationale behind doing a warm is to literally warm up--It should be fairly fast and unlabored looking.  Then you are ready to work on larger paintings without "working them to death."   My second painting is almost always better than my first when painting plein air.  I think it helps that I impose a time limit on the smalls--30 minutes.

No comments:

 
view sourceprint? 01 09 10