Friday, January 1, 2016

The Big Reveal of yesterday's post


Birdnest, Number 1
12x12
Daily Paintworks

​This is my first painting for the 30 Paintings in 30 Day Challenge started by California painter Leslie Saeta. I have chosen a common subject-bird nests-since I am a collector of abandoned nests and have quite a few.  When I taught AP Studio Art a third of the portfolio was called the Concentration. Students would select a theme, subject, philosophy, etc. to present in art.  The first attempts, however well done, were generally somewhat pedestrian.  As the days went by and the journey continued, students began to experiment more and the work became more original and expressive. So I am once again a student, working on my own self imposed Concentration--I am hoping I will follow the same journey for the next 30 days.  Thank you, Leslie, for the challenge.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw this on Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 Challenge blog. Beautiful work. I'll be following along.

~Monique

Pattie Wall said...

Sweet little nest - I can imagine the little birdy that lived in it. I am painting 30 in 30 also, look forward to seeing more of your great paintings, Connie!

Connie said...

Thank you, Monique and Pattie for such lovely comments. I almost never get comments so you have made my day!

 
view sourceprint? 01 09 10