Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Light and Shadow


8x10, oil on canvas panel


You may remember the work in progress I posted on July 16. I could not find the photo (happens all the time!) this morning so I made the rest of it up. This is not that difficult if one paints frequently. Generally I change things anyway in order to design the composition. This photo was of a quite ordinary house and fence with a fraction of another house on the right. The second house became more of a shed and the house on the left received a rounded window. It just seemed to "go" with the steep roof, which, of course, I made steeper.


This will be on eBay tonight. Just click on the icon on the right hand column. EBay is running a promotional listing for free, so I shall be taking advantage of this.

No comments:

 
view sourceprint? 01 09 10