Tuesday, July 5, 2011

By Itself, Sarosota, Florida

6x8, oil on canvas panel, damar varnish

I never wear orange, I have no orange in the house, but I LOVE it in a painting.  I think it makes it come alive and provides a glow like no other color.  This painting is essentially blue and orange, complementary colors.  Mixed together they produce a gray, side by side they produce a glow!

When I was teaching I always taught some color theory and used a poster that had a color wheel on it.  The students caught on quickly, but always referred to it as "Mr. Color Wheel."  High school students can be so much fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i LOVE IT! The confluence of the two colors is amazing. The whole painting has a modernistic look about it when you first look at it.
Beth

 
view sourceprint? 01 09 10