Friday, July 1, 2011

Lavender House, Key West

8x10, oil on canvas panel, damar varnish

This little colorful house nestled in greenery is so typical of Key West houses.  When I was there I ran across a historical walking tour to be taken at one's leisure.  I took the guide book and started off.  One quite nicc and typical, but modest house, was owned by some relatives of one of Elizabeth Taylor's husbands (Richard Burton, I believe) and she had visited frequently.  I didn't take a photo of the house--I can't imagine what I was thinking!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how that strip of red (earth? bricks?) adds such interest to this picture? I love Key West.
Beth

Connie said...

I agree. It is a brick walkway and I thought of you when I painted it.

 
view sourceprint? 01 09 10