Sunday, May 6, 2012

Displaying Small Paintings


Susan M. has been buying my paintings for several years now. She began with eBay and moved on to dailypaintworks. We have exchanged emails, and I consider her a friend. She graciously allowed me to share some of her display ideas.



Recently she sent me some photos of how she displays the paintings, and I fell in love with her style.  Since they are small, I think they look better as a group rather than all by their lonesome.  The overlapping of the paintings provides unity--they are all landscapes and they all have a similar color palettes.  Some are framed and some are not, and that's OK!  It all adds up to a unified display with enough differences to keep it interesting.




This second photo shows only one painting, along with other collectibles.  (This is a beach house.)  Now why does this work so well when I just said to display small paintings in groups?  OK--this works because it is a small painting in a small space.  It's all about scale.  Never put a small painting on a large wall, large table, etc....it will make you unhappy every time you look at it!

Thank you, Susan.  I know my readers will like these display ideas.























































































No comments:

 
view sourceprint? 01 09 10