Monday, September 12, 2016

Day 12, 30 in 30




Neighborhood Pond

6x8
oil on canvas panel

http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/connie-snipes/neighborhood-pond/511715


It was cloudy this morning and I could not think of a location that might work for plein air.

There is a small pond 2 neighborhoods over which is usually dark and scummy, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to at least stop by and see how it was looking today.
The scum had cleared a little to over one side and it thought I could push the color
a bit.  I remember Dee Beard Dean, smiling that pretty smile
of hers, and saying, "Lie if you have to."  and it has been one
of my mantras ever since.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Your post made me laugh :) All I see is a serene summer day, takes me back to childhood. Hope you enjoy the rest of the challenge :)

connie said...

Thank you, Sheila! Loved your comment and glad you got a chuckle out of it. Hope you see this--clicking on your name did not lead me to you.

 
view sourceprint? 01 09 10