Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Day 13, 30 in 30




Looking Through
8x10
oil on canvas panel

DailyPaintworks.com


Our Tuesday Plein Air group met at the Providence Presbyterian Church this morning.  The church is celebrating it's 250th year.  The original building burned but it is the same site.

It was another cloudy day so I elected not to paint the white church and walked across the street
through the cemetery to the rock wall and gate.  I could see part of the church building
by looking through and across the street.  




These rocks are where the original traveling ministers stood to give the sermons.


I didn't have time to look at many gravestones but the ones I saw were quite old.



The slaves were buried in this plot.


This was taken where I set up my easel.  If you compare you'll see that
I made some changes.

No comments:

 
view sourceprint? 01 09 10